Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fraser Island 4WD & Dolphin Kayaking

Spent 3 days and 2 nights camping on Fraser Island with 10 other people. We were fitted with a 4WD truck, food for 3 days and a map. We cruised along the beach at low tide going from one beautiful place to another. Lake Mackenzie was paradise - I've never seen water that crystal clear. Champagne Pools were fun. Indian Head look out aand Lake Wabby were some of our other stops. We only got bogged down in the sand once. We drank goon at night and watched the stars come out. Sun setting over Maheno Shipwreck was spectacular. Sand was everywhere by the end of the trip!

Now just chilling in Rainbow Beach where I went dolphin kayaking this morning. We were just a few meters away from about 20 dolphins which swam around us for a good half hour. So cool! But I got stung by a jelly fish tentacle that was on my life vest. Just burned by chin for a good hour or so, but I'm fine now. Damn that hurt and it was the tiniest piece of jelly fish - don't want to know how badly a full blown sting would hurt. Ouch!!

Going to Noosa tomorrow and I'll be chillin' on the beach for the next 3 weeks. It's going by way too fast!





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - so beautiful - scenery and the girl!

how come there isnt any dolphin pics?

the original D

Anonymous said...

Once again I would like to reiterate how jealous I am that you are in paradise and we are stuck here!!! My god, your tan is phenomenal!! Enjoy the last few weeks!

Steph