Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Years Eve in Sydney and my final Days in the Land Down Under

Being back in Sydney was bittersweet. I was looking forward to catching up with old friends and enjoying the beach, but I knew it was the end of my 6 months plus the weather wasn't very good. So I did a lot of shopping and caught up with people. Mostly stayed in the hostel and around Coogee because I was exhausted and was constantly packing.

On New Years Eve, I met up with Dave and Kate and we camped out in front of the Opera House to wait for the fireworks. My friends Marcus and a fellow Chem Eng classmate, Varun joined us. Along with 2 girls that Dave and Kate met in Cairns. So we had a little group of people. We ate food, played cards and exchanged traveling stories the whole day. Thankfully it didn't rain and some people were annoying and rude (like pushing and shoving and there were a lot of people!) but despite all that, seeing the fireworks was breathtaking and unforgettable. I'd love to see them again. It was just amazing. There were 4 pontoons in the harbour in different locations, plus fireworks off the buildings in the city and of course, off the Harbour Bridge. I mostly took videos because the quality wouldbe better than pictures.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Coathanger!

Love D

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.